Monday, August 17, 2009

Flora Grubb




For most of us living in San Francisco, Flora Grubb is a household name by now. She has a beautiful nursery in SF which has an abundance of rare, exotic plants, succulents, and palms. No matter how much I see or read about her, I cannot help but get completely inspired each time I visit the gardens or see a new project somewhere... her work is absolutely beautiful. I adore the composition & texture of her "living art" made of succulents. (And anyone who has been to my house knows I have a certain obsession with succulents - maybe because it's the only thing I am successful at growing...?)


Recently I paid a visit to the nursery and found my new favorite project: the Vertical Garden in a Woolly Pocket. Apparently they are inexpensive (probably not the one featured here), lightweight, and can go indoors or out. Even more - they are made out of recycled water bottles. What is there not to like?


No comments: